Monday, December 29, 2008

Nas + Jay Electronica + Emmitt Till + Muhammed Ali + Etc... = Queens Get The Money Video

BUT REALLY, WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?




VIBE's current issue calls it one of the 80 hottest songs of '08 and argues it is perhaps the most relevant record off Nas' UNTITLED. The video is quintessential Jay Electronica if you ask me (look around, I have posted several of his videos on this very blog) and if I had the time I'd love to index the damn thing for all the cultural references. I don't know who Racmaninoff is but damn, you had me at James Baldwin.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

NAS always goes above and beyond the call of duty!

Anonymous said...

Nas is the most overrated rapper of all time.

Anonymous said...

Nas?! Overrated?!

You are a complete idiot. Nas is one of the most underrated rappers ever.