Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Watch This: Sally Shapiro "Love In July"

Sally Shapiro "Love In July" from the album 'My Guilty Pleasure' from Paper Bag Records on Vimeo.



Yeah, I be on that "different" ish sometimes. Sally Shapiro dropped their sophmore album My Guilty Pleasure yesterday on Paper Bag records... This is one of the singles off the release. I'll be honest with you, I never heard of Sally Shapiro before, I just loved this video and dug the song. This is some real exclusive ish too... Only 300 copies of the release were pressed.

Oh and apparently the name "Sally Shapiro" refers to both the Swedish duo, consisting of the producer Johan Agebjörn and an anonymous singer, as well as the pseudonym of the singer itself. In December 2004 Agebjörn discovered Shapiro's gentle and beautiful voice while the two were singing Christmas carols together. Gotta love it.

No comments: