Thursday, September 3, 2009

Last Night ... In Atlanta: Killer Mike Underground Atlanta Listening Session



Y'all already know how much I love Killer Mike. He's one of the smartest, coolest, realest MC's to ever breathe so imagine how stoked I was to see him looking absolutely GEEKED over the love Atlanta showed him at his listening at Mood Lounge last night.



The spot was packed with many of the artists who appear on the Underground Atlanta compilation -- including Princess of Crime Mobb, Slimm Calhoun and Fonzworth Bentley -- who embraced me after I overwhelmed him with my forces of good energy once he confessed to not messing wit bloggers too tough.





Hey ifuxwit you Bentley :)

Grind Time's current Underground Atlanta Golden Child Pill was also in the building...



Since we're talking about energy I might as well tell you Pill is really that nikka. Aside from the Newports I caught him holding, I can't find anything I don't like about him. I"m looking forward to watching his story unfold.





I also spotted Bonecrusher outside, along with Big Kountry and Big Boi's Lil Bruh (um, did I spell that right?). Crusher was nice enough to introduce me to his artist Sean Falyon, who made this really cute face for me. Lovely right?



And here's a little about the project:

Some of ATL’s finest make up the two-disc masterpiece, most of whom helped to create and/or contribute to the Crunk, Snap & Pop, Trap and Swag movements: from T.I., Gucci Mane, Soulja Boy, OJ Da Juiceman, Young Dro, Pastor Troy, Yung Ralph and Shawty Lo to Princess of Crime Mob, Big Kuntry King, Bobby Creekwater, Dem Getaway Boyz, Rich Kidz, Stat Quo, Da Backwudz, B.o.B, Khujo, Fonzworth Bentley and Slimm Calhoun, the set has major mass appeal. It came out Tuesday, go get that!

No comments: