Wednesday, January 2, 2008

All The Money In The World Don't Make it Painless

I'm a little late with this one...



(Isn't Yeezy's mini-me such a cutie?)Even though the kid thing has been done before (Biggie "Sky is the Limit", Jay-Z "Roc Boys") I like how they threw the cue cards in and I'm glad they included a young Thom Yorke in (Radiohead singer/songwriter/musician who released a solo album The Eraser that is sampled on US Placers)-- plus I think it's really really dope the video was directed by a woman! VASHTIE! (Y'all already know I am a big fan of women of color doing the damn thing). US Placers is also a Trigger Happy production.

In case you missed my blog earlier this year, this song triggered more than a few thoughts in my head. At the time the song dropped it seemed like a Pharrell and Kanye were under an all out assault over their gear -- Lupe got it pretty bad a few months later when he forgot Phife's lyrics during VH1's Hip Hop Honors, all in all it's a pretty good song considering all the self-indulgent, flamboyant and materialistic rap out there and extremely on point considering how humbling 2007 had to have been for all three members of Child Rebel Soldier(s) whatever they are calling themselves.

Anyway, I'm getting too tired or have had too much leftover New Years champagne tonight to be more coherent tonight so I'mma end this here.

Challah!

No comments: