Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Pop vs. Hip-Hop

R.A. the Rugged Man and Rude Jude recently got into a heated debate on Shade 45 over hip-hop vs. pop...

here it goes:

btw, I'm actually riding with Rude Jude on this one -- Hammer was kinda hard before "You Can't Touch This"

IMO Kanye West is also both pop and hip-hop -- which is where the whole argument started.

R.A. made it pretty ugly by calling Rude Jude a dumb motherfucker and a faggot but LMAO @ Rude Jude saying R.A.'s fans are a bunch of 22-year-old white kids...

2 comments:

The Humanity Critic said...

Yeah, I saw this recently as well. You know, I have no problem with people hating Kanye - but folks have to relax with the "He's the same as MC Hammer" shit. They just embarrass themselves. Kanye is no Rakim, but Hammer? Come on..

Humanity F Critic

OhsoKool said...

Hip Hop 'purists' kill me sometimes. They need to sit down and talk with cats like Kool Herc and Afrika Baambata (I have with the latter) about what Hip Hop is, because at times, they are delusional.

I used to be at record stores having arguments like this the regular. Finally a old school legend Pee Wee Dance told me "arguing about Hip Hop at this day and age is pointless".

We like what we like..period. We can debate, but imma pass on arguing.

Based upon regional (and age - even 3 years) difference we arent going to have the same tastes.