Monday, December 3, 2007

Sho' Did! Pro-Nails Vid...

Amidst all the bitchin and whinin about the lack of talent in the female rap category these days I have been a devoted member of the Kid Sister fan club for a minute now and I'm ecstatic that her video for "Pro-Nails" featuring Kanye West is finally out!!!



Aaaaaaaaaaaaah I'm screaming with glee! I fux wit this!

How much do I love her? Let me count the ways...

1. She's different
Finally a female rapper with more content than Dolce & Gabbana, Moschino and Prada, finally something more inventive than "I got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubbleyum..." She brings to mind J.J. Fad, TLC and the fierce uniqueness that was Kelis when she first burst on the scene. Mwah! I luh her.

2. She is cute
And not just in the safe for tv-lightskinned- bi-racial- way (c'mon y'all u know how halle n'em be gettin' passes)-- I love it that Kid Sis isn't a skeezered out weevaholic -- she's clearly a natural beauty (platinum blonde hair aside -- when I discovered her she was rockin her born brunette stylee) willing to flaunt her God-given cuteness. I will fight anybody that says otherwise (she is FI-E-RCE!)

3. She is fun
Take a cue from the video for her single -- K.S. is willing to try something different and have fun doing it. I've never in my life allowed a manicurist to put a tacky design on my nails but she makes it look so fun in the video I'm almost willing to try.

4. Her music makes me happy
No lie. I put this shizz on and my mood instantly brightens...


Ahhhhhhh enough gushing... laters!

No comments: