Saturday, October 3, 2009

Last Night ... In Atlanta: A3C Perfect Attendance

Man... I don't even know where to start. A3C kicked off on Thursday night and it has been sooo dope to watch some of hip-hop's legends meet the new wave of hot rappers and mingle with hip-hop writers like myself, Maurice Garland and the TSS Crew. I've been running back and forth between Little 5 Points and East Atlanta Village for the last 48 hours and tired as I am I have a huge smile on my face!!!

Here's a few flicks, YouTube is not being my friend right now so video will have to wait.



Hands down, best moment so far this weekend for me was watching Curren$y shut it down and then chopping it up with him, only to learn that his SOHH interview w/ yours truly was his first and that it helped him realize he had an audience after leaving Young Money.



Two of the best writers in hip-hop Trent Clark of The Smoking Section and Maurice Garland



TC and fellow TSS writer Marshall Zigler aka MZ -- aka Quiet Storm, cuz in my couple days worth of observation he's a man of few words, but he will catch you slippin with the unexpected cracks.




Okay, let me just say that I've known Naledge (who I actually call Jabari!) since he signed to Rawkus in like '05/'06 -- so I have watched him grow from a skinny little kid with lyrics, to this big brawny hip-hop cat. Shawty got thick! I likes I likes... but yeah I'm sure none of ya'll care much about that. Joe Scudda is the new homie -- I'm loving the beard. I had to give him a hard time about the random white chick on his tee and he was a good sport.

Looking forward to seeing Diz Gibran J.Cole and El Prez rip it tonight. Also gotta spend some time with the Seattle homies DV One, J. Moore, Vitamin D and Jake One over at the Earl tonight -- they're doing Red Bull Big Tune with Premier, Battlecat, 9th Wonder and hella folks.

No comments: